Tel.: 2868 2919
Fax: 2868 2797
John received an M.A. and M. Div. before obtaining his LL. B. from the University of London in 1994.
He has been working as a solicitor with Ho, Tse, Wai & Partners since he was admitted as a solicitor in 1997.
John has handled a large number of Medical Negligence and Personal Injury cases. John acted for two of the Plaintiffs in the application which resulted in the judgement by Mr. Justice Bharwaney to change the discount rate. He also has experience in Basic Law related Judicial Review cases.
John is a mediator and has acted as a mediator in more than 10 medical negligence and personal injury medications.
He is the chairman of the Asian Human Rights Commission and the Asian Legal Resource Center; a founding member of the Executive Committee of the Chinese Human Rights Lawyers Concern Group; one of the legal advisers of the Professional Teachers Union; Legal Adviser of the Hong Kong Workers’ Health Centre; a member of the Hospital Board and Hospital Governing Committee of Our Lady of Maryknoll Hospital.
He enjoys reading and writing; photography; gardening; cooking; and when he can find time, the occasional game of football or basketball.
- Bachelor of Arts, Maryknoll College (1963)
- Master of Arts, University of the State of New York (1967)
- Master of Divinity, University of the State of New York (1968)
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of London (1994)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, University of Hong Kong (1995)
- Solicitor, Hong Kong (1997)
- Civil Celebrant of Marriages
English and Cantonese